Before you begin to grow your business, it’s important to have a blog/website to host your products! Think of it as your place to showcase your work and thoughts. It’s also a place where your audience can connect with you.
If you don’t have a blog, you can find free hosting. Some good places to look:
- Blogger – www.blogger.com
- WordPress – www.wordpress.com (free version) or www.wordpress.org (requires a hosting site)
Go ahead and set up your site. If you need help setting up your site, Blogger and both versions of WordPress have great resources, video tutorials/trainings for you.
After you’ve created your blog, it’s time to create some content! I cannot stress this enough. Now, some of you are saying, “I already have a website/blogging site…etc.” I’m not done yet.
Creativity is INTELLIGENCE having fun. – Albert Einstein
Today is the day to sharpen up your blog! Get fresh content on it. Many people freeze up at the idea of putting material up on the blog, but remember connecting with your tribe need not only be in the form of text. Step out of your comfort zone and incorporate some of these ideas:
- Write a short piece on why you do what you do.
- Share a few key ideas from an article you read.
- Include a photo of something you’ve done.
- Share 5 things your readers didn’t know about you.
Still need idea generators? Check out these helpful links:
- Don’t have time to come up with ideas or write blog posts? Check out Hubspot Idea Generator
- Are you a fiction writer looking for inspiration? Seventh Sanctum is a good start.
- Need creative headings and ideas? Check out Portent’s Content Idea Generator. (A warning about this one – I had so much fun with this one that time got away from me.)
Now that you’re creating some content, be sure to mark in your calendar when you’r going to post regularly. Also, be sure to visit some other blogs and see what is being done. Grab a few of those ideas.
I’d love to read what you have written or what product you have showcased. Let me know. Who knows? I might share your work with others!
Melissa Annalise Halstead is a Knowledge Leverage Expert. She works with somewhat successful self-employed professionals and very small businesses who struggle to leverage their knowledge effectively and need to monetize their message consistently, without pushing so hard.
What separates her service from other business coaches is that SHE ONLY works with C-Level executives, coaches, speakers, self-employed businesses and SHE ONLY specializes in leveraging their knowledge and monetizing their knowledge, nothing else. Because of this, her clients receive proven, undiluted, and extremely specific step-by-step information on exactly what they need to do to leverage their knowledge. As a result, those who coach with her get their message in front of the right audience, and infuse more cash into their business than they would on their own.
Would you like to know more? If so, reach out to her on:
FB: Melissa Annalise Halstead | Twitter: @MeliHalstead | Snapchat: @melihalstead or fill out the contact form.