My passion drives me forward to live the life of my dreams. I know what I want in life and I set goals to get me there. I know that each goal I achieve brings me in union with what I desire. I feel truly invigorated with each success!
My top three goals for the 100 days:
- Exercise regularly – More specifically, I pledge to walk 10,000 steps each day and continue with my daily physical therapy exercises to create a strong body. I have been throwing in a dash of yoga daily.
- Help people reach their dream of writing a book – more specifically, I pledge to reach out to more people in my community and share my skills with them.
- Teach and learn from my little human – More specifically, teach my little human some mad skills in outdoor exploration. The weather is wonderful and it’s a great time to learn the names of the wildlife along with the trees. In addition, learn how to get in touch with my inner child by watching and listening to him show me his world.
I wrote out these goals to affirm what my intentions are because meeting a goal, no matter how big or small, strengthens my confidence and self-esteem. It allows my spirit to expand beyond the comfortable limits I’ve set around myself. I enjoy these feelings of success and strive to receive them as often as possible.
What can I say? I’m a satisfaction junkie. There’s nothing that gets me going than knowing that I’ve helped others. When I help myself and I am strong, I am able to be a better person to those around me.
Setting and achieving goals is a never-ending circle of positivity that fuels my passion even more. My passion encourages me to persevere over obstacles and it is replenished and increased with every goal I complete.
Each week, I will post updates of my success. I’ll even take you behind the scenes of my physical therapy moments. Yes, I have those bands. I tell you, I never thought a simple band would strengthen muscles I never knew I had. This is from a former – now re-emerging – athlete.
My passion to do well and reach my written goals enables my success. I use tools to ignite and refuel my passion on a daily basis, even when I face challenges that try to smother it.
And let me tell you, I face challenges on a daily basis. Rather than accept this defeat, I stare it down and find another way around it.
My tools include affirmations to transform negative thoughts into positive ones, meditation to relax and rejuvenate my energy, and notes and pictures to inspire and remind me of my goals.
Today, I choose to feel inspired by my passions and let the excitement propel me forward to achieve my goals, regardless of any challenges that may arise.
Writer’s Oracle Self-Reflection Questions:
Let’s get you in gear towards your passions and goals. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I passionate about my goals?
- Where can I find additional inspiration?
- What task can I achieve today to fuel my passion and get me back on track toward my goals?
You are an amazing person.
You can do this!
Do you want an oracle reading for your characters? Do you need help brainstorming and/or outlining your story? Let me help you with that. Check out the amazing services I provide for my amazing writers!
Meli Halstead is a kickass intuitive teacher who helps writers get their stories written using a variety of oracles. She has held several workshops to help writers get their thoughts into book form. Her goal for the 2014 – 2015 year is to help 1300 writers write their book. She has written and published several short stories in her life time. She also gives a voice to those who are trapped in the cruel world of human trafficking. She blogs regularly atwww.writersoracle.com.
This article may be reprinted when the copyright and author bio are included.