Positive Affirmation of the Day:
I embrace the wonderful feeling of victory and welcome good news into my life.
Central theme of your writing piece for the day:
Six of Fire brings news of victory and/or public recognition your way. You will be getting some sort of award or recognition for your work. The mention might be as profound as a “Thank-you for making a difference in my life” from a stranger. Or the honor might be on a grander scale such as an article, or an award.
In this post, we are going to focus entirely on your character and how the Six of Fire plays in his/her life.
Good news is on its way: Your character has some good news on the way. Some points to consider –
- What would be some good news your character could receive?
- How does your character respond to this good news?
- Why does your character respond this way?
Potential good news ideas –
- A new job.
- An inheritance.
- A new house.
- A new baby.
- A long lost love coming back into the picture and there is potential there for a possible relationship.
- ___________________ Your idea goes here!
Victory: My favorite stories are the ones where the character celebrates personal victories — big and small. We all have a crucible that we go through in life and it’s important to celebrate EVERYTHING. Yes, that means the party does not stop. Keep the music playing. Keep the food coming. Keep the good times rolling.
- What does your character do during the times of victory?
- What does your character need to be victorious about?
- How does your character celebrate the small victories? The big victories?
Public Recognition or Awards: It’s nice to know that we are awesome at something and that we’ve mad e a difference in life. Heck, you are awesome just for making it through the game of life. We all deserve an award for that one! So many trials and tribulations. Many lessons learned and many more lessons to go.
- What is your character being recognized for?
- Is the award a big deal or is it more of a small scale recognition?
- What does your character get in terms of this award? A money order? A round trip to another country? Perhaps something exciting happens for your character happens at this new destination.
I Dare You To Take Action Prompt:
Spice up your rough draft by adding some of these details. You may want to add a little bit of good news and victory or public recognition and great news or you might want to add all three ingredients.
Your story, whether it is a non-fiction or fiction piece, can benefit from these elements. We all would like to help cheer your character on as s/he celebrates these milestones in life.
Join @MeliHalstead on Twitter for a weekly chat on Wednesday @9 pm EST at #writersoracle starting November 5th, 2014. The more the merrier.
Get the latest news of short story contests, publishing trends, and more on the Writer’s Oracle Facebook page.
Meli Halstead is a kickass teacher who helps writers get their stories written using a variety of oracles. She has held several workshops to help writers get their thoughts into book form. Her goal for the 2014 – 2015 year is to help 1300 writers write their book. She has written and published several short stories in her life time. She also gives a voice to those who are trapped in the cruel world of human trafficking.
Wondering where in the world I got this amazing card? It is part of the wonderful Angel Deck Tarot by Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine. *I am not an affiliate in any way. I bought the card deck because they were AWESOME!*